Rape Crisis Scotland calls for bold action as conviction rates for rape and attempted rape remain lowest of all crimes for the last ten years.
New figures released by the Scottish Government in June 2022 reveal that rape and attempted rape has had the lowest conviction rate of all crimes each year for the last decade.
By Karen Boyle (University of Strathclyde) & Brenna Jessie (Rape Crisis Scotland)
- Our statement on the conclusion of the Emma Caldwell trial
- Pilot scheme launched for survivors to access court transcripts for free
- Our statement on the ongoing employment tribunal concerning Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre
- Survivors Can't Wait campaign launches
- Our full response to the Independent Strategic Review of Funding and Commissioning of VAWG Services