Rape Crisis Scotland Helpline Anniversary Conference
Rape Crisis Scotland’s National Helpline celebrates 10 years of supporting survivors this year and is holding a 10th Anniversary conference on 9th November.
This conference will
look at the developments the helpline has made, how the work has fed into wider
changes in policy and practice, as well as looking to the future.
Key note speakers include:
- Michael Matheson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Justice
- Sandie Barton, Director of Operations, Rape Crisis Scotland
- Sandra Ferguson, Programme Manager NES Trauma Training Framework Team
- Stuart Houston, Detective Superintendent, National Rape Task Force
- Oona Brooks, Scottish Centre for Crime & Justice Research, University of Glasgow
A full conference programme will be available soon.
Workshops topics include:
- Trauma informed practice
- Supporting LGBTI survivors
- Widening access to justice
- Innovation in support and accessing justice
The conference will run from 9.30am to 4pm on Thursday 9 November at the Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow.
Find out more and book your ticket at https://is.gd/mIPHc8