New figures show a 96% increase in the level of sexual crime reported to the police in Scotland over the past decade.
New figures released today by the Scottish Government show that:
• The level of reported sexual crime has increased by 96% over the past 10 years.
• In the past year, reported rape and attempted rape has increased by 9% and sexual assault by 29%.
• There has been a 17% increase in threatening to or disclosing intimate images.
• 37% of the sexual crimes recorded by the police in the past year (2021-22) related to a victim under the age of 18.
- Not Proven: An Update
- Rape Crisis Scotland calls for bold action as conviction rates for rape and attempted rape remain lowest of all crimes for the last ten years.
- New figures show a 96% increase in the level of sexual crime reported to the police in Scotland over the past decade.
- Response To Conduct Of Brian McConnachie QC
- Joint Statement: Not In Our Name